Saturday, November 12, 2011

Spiced Apple Cheesecake Tart



The first real snow of the season. . . I would like to say how amazing it was. . how I was so touched by the general splendor of such magnificent, sparkling snow. . ..but my first thought was: "Crap." 

I know. So eloquent are my internal thoughts. I'm workin on it. 


 But now that I've come in from the snow, done with my errands for the day, I am now realizing that I really have missed the beautiful snow covered mountains and glittering trees. Humming "Its a Marshmallow World" while making a spiced apple dessert, I finally feel that the holidays are here. Somehow it would not be the same without the magic that a fresh snow brings to every landscape. 


 But now to what you are really here for: Spiced Apple Cheesecake Tart. A thin cheesecake layer topped with canned apple pie filling (yes, canned. homemade might be a smidge better, but storebought is just so darned easy) on top of a waffle cone crumb crust. Evaluation: loved the cheesecake- but make sure to have your cream cheese at room temperature! It won't incorporate properly if you skip that step. Make sure to use the best quality canned apple pie filling- or just make your own spiced apple filling. I would also probably use a graham cracker crust instead of the waffle cone. The crust was way too crumbly- though it was delicious. But overall I thought it was a nice, easy dessert- but with an impressive presentation. So go for it if your feelin the season!


Spiced Apple Cheesecake Tart

For the Crust:
10 waffle cone crumbs (whiz them in the food processor)
5 tablespoons melted butter

1) Mix together the crumbs and butter. Press into your 9-inch tart pan, and bake at 350 for about 10 minutes. Let cool

For the Flling:
1, 8oz pkg cream cheese, softened
1 egg
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 can apple pie filling (or really any flavor- cherry would be amazing)

1) Mix everything together, until well combined, but don't overmix. Pour into the cooled crust, and bake at 350 for about 13-14 minutes- until the middle no longer wibbles when gently shaken.

2) Let cheesecake cool, then top with pie filling. Refrigerate overnight.





2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of waffle cone crumbs, I have never tried that before! This looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete