Sunday, July 29, 2012

Cinnamon Maple Pecan Biscotti



I'm already craving Fall/Winter foods....and Christmas music...and turkey. Yikes.

But really, being (painfully) honest, this happens to me every year. I usually hold out until at least September before I crank up Jingle Bells though.

It's a problem.

But not a major one, so we're all good yall.

But because I need something to pacify my Holiday cravings (until September...), I added a little fall flare to my favorite basic Biscotti recipe, found in Cookie Swap by Julia M. Usher. Love that book- definitely check it out when you get the chance. 


Cinnamon Maple Pecan Biscotti
Adapted from Cookie Swap by Julia M. Usher
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 scant teaspoon Mapleine (imitation Maple extract)
1/2 teaspoon salt (this is the perfect amount, so don't decrease this)
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 scant teaspoon cinnamon
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup chopped pecans
Mix together the following ingredients for the Maple Glaze (optional):
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup

1) Preheat oven to 325. Line a cookie sheet w/parchment paper.

2) Beat butter until creamy. Add sugar. Mix for about 1 minute, until very well combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition. Add vanilla and Mapleine. Add baking powder and salt. Mix well. Gradually add flour, mixing until combined. Stir in pecans.

3) Divide dough in half and mold into logs 3 by 8 inches long, then flatten out to 3/4 inches thick on baking sheet. They will spread a little while baking, so keep a few inches between the logs . Bake about 30 minutes, until edges are golden brown.

4) While logs are still hot, slice them, and place them back on the cookie sheet, and bake 7 minutes, flip, then bake another 7 minutes. Let cool on a wire wrack. Drizzle with Maple Glaze when completely cooled.


4 comments:

  1. I have never tried to make biscotti, but this mixture of cinnamon and pecan sounds really tasty.

    - Annika

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made these this weekend and they were delicious!!
    I used real maple syrup in the recipe instead of the imitation. Next time I would add a proper tsp of cinnamon, not a scant one..
    For the icing 2 T of the maple syrup to the 1/2 up of powdered sugar wasnt enough. I just kept adding the maple until i got the desired "drizzable" consistency!

    thank you for the recipe!
    definitely a keeper

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    I'm putting together a food blogger recipe feature for HuffPost Taste of all our favorite pecan recipes from across the web and would love to include this recipe. Can we have permission to use your photo (with a link back to you)?

    Thanks.
    joseph.erdos@huffingtonpost.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I'm not too late in replying, but yes of course!!

      Delete